Pages

Thursday, April 16, 2015

Vine Cutting Recap


A little late, but I wanted to make sure I got this out.  We had a fantastic and productive day cutting vines and freeing trees from the death clutches of the invasive vines choking our forests.  I hope all the scouts and our non scout volunteers felt their time was useful and productive.



The volunteers broke into 3 groups and worked three different areas of the Preserve.  Over the course of the day we had 26 scouts and volunteers helping.  I would like to thank our new scouts for a tremendous effort and for getting Mrs. Tate to come out and help us.



I ran into the property steward this week and she was really impressed with our effort and said she thought she needed to rent a wood chipper to dispose of all the vine cuttings we made around the property last Sunday.


The full photo record of the day can be found on our Troop album on line at:






No comments:

Post a Comment